I’m happy to announce that Random Acts of Writing has been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award.
Nominations for the award consider the quality of writing, the uniqueness of subjects covered, and the level of love displayed in the words and photos.
I was nominated by Jadi Campbell — wow! — who found me on the world wide web about a year ago. She lives in Germany, but in one of those small world coincidences, lived here in Branford back in the early 70s. She’s a wonderful writer, has written a book entitled Broken In: A Novel in Stories, and writes regularly on her blog, jadicampbell.wordpress.com. Do go check it out!
Thank you, Jadi!
As part of your acceptance speech for this award, you’d asked to tell folks about 15 Blogs you follow regularly, thereby nominating them as Versatile Bloggers as well. These are some of my mainstay and favorite reads, please go check them out!
• The Pollyanna Plan (http://thepollyannaplan.wordpress.com/)
• Windmill (http://becswindmill.wordpress.com/)
• Spirituality without Borders (http://spiritualitywithoutborders.wordpress.com/)
• Promenade Plantings (http://promenadeplantings.com/)
• C.B. Wentworth (http://cbwentworth.wordpress.com/)
• Life is Full of Sweet Spots (http://lifeisfullofsweetspots.wordpress.com/)
• Touch 2 Touch (http://touch2touch.wordpress.com/)
• Writing on the Rim (http://writingontherim.wordpress.com/)
• Crowing Crone (http://crowingcrone.com/)
• Seasons Flow (http://seasonsflow.wordpress.com/)
• A View from the Woods (http://berkshireviews.wordpress.com/)
• Smile Kiddo (http://smilekiddo.wordpress.com/)
• Party and Soul (http://partyandsoul.wordpress.com/)
• Duck? Starfish? But…23 (https://duckstarfish23.wordpress.com/)
• The Flexi Foodie (http://theflexifoodie.wordpress.com/)
And a final “share,” you’re asked to tell 7 Things about yourself. So here goes.
1. I am a Trekkie.
2. I’m writing a book, with plans to publish in 2014.
3. I regularly wake up before 5 a.m.
4. I talk to animals.
5. I once drove an 18-wheeler.
6. I can recite Lewis Carroll’s Jabberwocky by heart.
7. If my whiskey sour arrives without a cherry, I send it back.
Thanks Jadi – that was fun! And a nice break from the routine!
Have a great day everyone!